[Infrastructure] Issues with Minutes

Jos Purvis (jopurvis) jopurvis at cisco.com
Mon Dec 16 09:09:59 MST 2019

Having now published the minutes from a bunch of meetings plus the last couple face-to-face minutes, I’m struggling a bit. The minutes from the last F2F in particular have a number of rather…interesting textual approaches, shall we say (indifferent or missing capitalization, typos, curious formatting, etc.), and it’s a real struggle to publish those as approved because they’re difficult to read and follow, in addition to not being the best representation of the Forum overall.

I hesitate to say anything because I know we have a number of members for whom English is not a first language (although many of those do not take minutes, it seems like), and I know even for people that do have English as a first language some of this stuff can be a struggle. I don’t mind correcting obvious typos as we go, but the F2F minutes are enormous (very time-consuming to reformat and edit), and I get very nervous about removing editorial comments or re-rendering sentences when publishing things, because I don’t ever want to modify the meaning of something away from what was formally approved. Would it be too much to request that minute-takers take a minute to review and clean up minutes when uploading? Not sure how to bring this up with the Forum.

--
Jos Purvis (jopurvis at cisco.com<mailto:jopurvis at cisco.com>)
.:|:.:|:. cisco systems  | Cryptographic Services