[cabf_governance] Late change request to IPR Policy - Proposed change to definition of "Affiliates"

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Fri Mar 23 01:08:24 MST 2018

It will be a delay, though, because the formal discussion period restarts.  And perhaps a significant one, because:

1.	the member has not identified themselves (why?)
2.	there is no concrete proposed text
3.	the issue seems unlikely to be resolved quickly

I also share Virginia’s concern about accommodating non-critical last minute changes based on concerns that could have been raised at any time in the last year.

Personally, if we add something back like this, it has to be a vote of the forum, because I don’t think I’m comfortable with one person deciding who gets an exclusion from being an Affiliate.

-Tim