[cabf_governance] Draft email on new Server Certificate Working Group for editing

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Sat Jun 30 16:02:18 MST 2018

Ben - small pushback on your analysis.  You say that Entrust and DigiCert
will be the only members of the SCWG - are you basing that on the fact that
I'm named as initial Chair and you are named as initial Vice Chair?  If
that's your analysis - that only makes us officers in our personal capacity.
It does not make our companies members.

I think the SCWG membership status of our two companies is the same as that
for all other Forum Members - our companies don't become SCWG Members until
we sign the IPRA and declare intent to participate.  Our status (yours and
mine) as initial officers doesn't give our companies any head start on
membership or participation, in my opinion.