[cabf_governance] ETSI EN 319 401

Ben Wilson ben.wilson at digicert.com
Tue Jul 24 12:45:26 MST 2018

As discussed on today’s call, we want to ballot a bylaw fix of issues spotted by Dimitris back at the beginning of the year, which were not incorporated in the Bylaws by the GovReform WG.  As you can see from a prior thread below, Dimitris had recommended that we fix the cross-reference in section 1.1.  That isn’t a problem.  However, I want to be sure that if we reference ETSI EN 319 401 in the bylaws that it would be clear that an audit based on ETSI EN 319 411-1 would also be considered sufficient.  I’ve rearranged the words and changed Dimitris’ language a little to read, “The member organization operates a certification authority that has a current and successful audit report based on WebTrust for CAs or ETSI EN 319 401 prepared by a properly-qualified auditor …”  So, I’ve added the phrase “audit report based on”.

Additionally, we could add parenthetical language to say “… ETSI EN 319 401 (including the ETSI EN 319 411 series) …”.

Of note, ETSI EN 319 401 does say, “The present document is aiming to meet the general requirements to provide trust and confidence in electronic transactions including, amongst others, applicable requirements from Regulation (EU) No 910/2014 [i.2] and those from CA Browser Forum [i.4].”