[cabf_governance] Ballot 206 and documents

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Tue Feb 6 10:27:18 MST 2018

I think this is the correct interpretation.

It’s similar to the current situation, where if you issue server certificates that are only trusted by Joe’s Hobby Browser, you are not a CA for server certificates.

I think other working groups should work similarly, so yes, if you are not trusted by a Certificate Consumer Member, you are not a CA for that WG.

-Tim

I was also puzzled with the following requirement in the Bylaws (section 2.1a) "such certificates being treated as valid by a Certificate Consumer Member". So, if a CA issues Certificates for Digital Signatures which are trusted by Adobe and Adobe is not a Member of the Forum, then this CA doesn't meet the requirements. Is this a correct interpretation?