[cabf_governance] Ballot 206 and documents

Dimitris Zacharopoulos jimmy at it.auth.gr
Tue Feb 6 01:14:58 MST 2018

Hello all,

I reviewed the diffs and the proposed alignment between WebTrust and
ETSI is not included in the proposed Bylaws draft (2.1a). I sent a
proposal on Jan 9th
(https://cabforum.org/pipermail/govreform/2018-January/000355.html)
about the Server Certificate Working Group Charter but the concept is
the same for the Bylaws.

  * If we include the requirement for "WebTrust for CAs" audit, then the
    equivalent ETSI audit should be "*ETSI EN 319 401*". This probably
    fits best for the Bylaws.
  * If we include the requirement for "WebTrust for CAs + WebTrust
    Baseline + NetSec " audit, then the equivalent ETSI audit should be
    "ETSI EN 319 411-1". This probably fits best for the Server
    Certificate Working Group Charter.

The old ETSI TS standards should not be included in the new bylaws.

I was also puzzled with the following requirement in the Bylaws (section
2.1a) "such certificates being treated as valid by a Certificate
Consumer*Member*". So, if a CA issues Certificates for Digital
Signatures which are trusted by Adobe and Adobe is not a Member of the
Forum, then this CA doesn't meet the requirements. Is this a correct
interpretation?

Best regards,
Dimitris.