[cabf_governance] [EXTERNAL]Re: Notes from Today's Call

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Wed Oct 11 08:45:33 MST 2017

At the recent F2F meeting, I raised Virginia's point - that interest in the governance change proposals and participation in the Governance Change Working Group had waned over time - and asked the attendees if there was still interest in proceeding.  I pointed out that the easy alternative was for new non-SSL certificate groups (what we are trying to provide for in this Governance Change Working Group's output) could also be created independently by the new groups, without having to go through the Forum.

It appeared to me that the attendees were in favor of continuing in the current direction set by the Working Group, and even hoped we could finish this up in the near future.  So Virginia - I do think there is interest in proceeding, and the small number of WG participants probably just represents strong confidence in the WG members' ability to complete this project very competently!