[cabf_governance] Notes from Today's Call

Peter Bowen pzb at amzn.com
Tue Oct 10 21:45:12 MST 2017

Virginia,

I know there is a desire on our part to see these changes pass.  I am also looking forward to the post-reform era so we can working on addressing generic CA issues independently from SSL/server authentication certificates.  I also look forward to the addition of Code Signing and Document Signing (including S/MIME) certificates working groups.

I was under the impression we were very close to finalizing the work of this group.  I circulated the last draft to my counsel colleagues and submitted comments to this group.  I thought there were only a couple open issues remaining and then this would proceed to ballot.

I very much appreciate all the time you have spent with this group and hope you do not feel it to be time wasted.

Thanks,
Peter