[Cscwg-public] Updated CRL Revocation Date Clarification Pre-Ballot
Bruce.Morton at entrust.com
Wed Oct 6 13:57:29 UTC 2021
Rather than marking up the document, I have a few comments:
1. When should we use revocationDate and revocation date OR invalidity date and invalidtyDate? I think we should make the use consistent in this section.
2. Do we want a footnote or a Note similar to what is done in the SSL BRs?
3. It would be good to clarify if the effective date applies only to future revocations or all revocations. As such, could we state that "For Code Signing Certificates revoked on or after 2022-07-01, if the CA includes the Invalidity Date CRL entry extension ..."
From: Cscwg-public <cscwg-public-bounces at cabforum.org> On Behalf Of Corey Bonnell via Cscwg-public
Sent: Wednesday, October 6, 2021 8:23 AM
To: cscwg-public at cabforum.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Cscwg-public] Updated CRL Revocation Date Clarification Pre-Ballot
WARNING: This email originated outside of Entrust.
DO NOT CLICK links or attachments unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.
Thank you to Rob, Bruce, and Dimitris for the valuable feedback on the original pre-ballot draft. I have incorporated the conclusions from our discussions on the list and the last call into the latest draft; please see the attached.
There were two changes:
* There is now a footnote that better explains the rationale for using the revocationDate field to convey the "invalidity date"
* The effective date for the Invalidity Date extension value change has been pushed back to July 1st, 2022.
Let me know if there are any questions or comments. Barring any further substantial changes, I think we're ready at this point to look for two endorsers to push the ballot forward.
Any email and files/attachments transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If this message has been sent to you in error, you must not copy, distribute or disclose of the information it contains. Please notify Entrust immediately and delete the message from your system.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cscwg-public