[Cscwg-public] Ballot CSC-8: Update to OCSP responses & Timestamping certificate max validity

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Thu Mar 11 07:51:57 UTC 2021

In addition to my previous post, we should also consider the necessity
of the following requirement which is applicable to Time-stamping
Certificates.

"The CA SHALL update and reissue CRLs at least (i) once every twelve
months ", and similarly for OCSP responses.

If the entire lifetime of a Timestamping certificate is to be changed to
15 months, this requirement doesn't make much sense to me.

If we want to make CRLs mandatory, we must also update Appendix B (3) B.

Since OCSP is optional, we should also update Appendix B (2) C and (4) C
to match the updated language of (3) C.

Thanks,
Dimitris.