[Cscwg-public] Ballot CSC-8: Update to OCSP responses & Timestamping certificate max validity

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Wed Mar 10 10:48:17 UTC 2021

Dear Ian,

As I mentioned at our last meeting, we should take into account the fact
that other Code Signing Certificate Consumers may use the timestamps in
a different way and would invalidate code if the timestamp certificate
expires.

We should probably do some research and find out how Code Signing
Certificate Consumers, like Oracle (for Java application), handle this
issue so we do not create any unintentional problems to the code signing
ecosystem.

If any member has investigated the issue, it would be great to get some
additional feedback.

Best regards,
Dimitris.