[Cscwg-public] Code sign BR 11.1.1 (4.)

Dean Coclin dean.coclin at digicert.com
Sat Jul 10 16:23:06 UTC 2021

Posting for Tadahiko:

Hi

This is Tadahiko from SECOM

I have a question on Code sign BR 11.1.1 (4.)

>> 11.1 Verification for Non-EV Code Signing Certificates

>> 11.1.1 Verification of Organizational Applicants 4. If the Subject's

>> or Subject's Affiliate's, Parent Company's, or Subsidiary Company's

>> date of formation, as indicated by either a QIIS or QGIS, was less

>> than three years prior to the date of the Certificate Request, verify

>> the identity of the Certificate Requester.

For me, it seems to be written as following.

Identity Verification (of 11.1.2) is necessary unless, **all of** "Subject's
and Subject's Affiliate's, Parent Company's, and Subsidiary Company's date
of formation" are more than three years prior to the date of the Certificate
Request.

However, I felt like it should be following.

Identity Verification is necessary unless, **at least one of** "Subject's
and Subject's Affiliate's, Parent Company's, and Subsidiary Company's date
of formation" are more than three years prior to the date of the Certificate
Request.

Could you tell me which interpretation is correct?