[Cscwg-public] CSCWG Agenda Apr 15, 2021

Adriano Santoni adriano.santoni at staff.aruba.it
Mon Apr 19 13:31:22 UTC 2021

All,

as agreed during the last CSWG call, I am attaching to this post a first
attempt to revise CSBR §16.3 aimed at clarifyng what kind of CC
certifications can reasonably be considered acceptable of a hardware
crypto module for code signing (by the Subscriber).

I cannot help but observe, however, that the third option (bullet) in
§16.3, although later on is "not recommended", is still allowed although
antithetical to the second. Basically, this is saying: "you must use a
certified device, but not necessarily". From a logical point of view, it
seems to me that it makes no sense. I suppose there is a rationale,
probably discussed a long time ago ...

Regards

Adriano