[Cscwg-public] Code Signing WG Charter update

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Fri Oct 20 05:08:10 UTC 2023

Hi Martijn,

On 20/9/2023 11:45 π.μ., Martijn Katerbarg via Cscwg-public wrote:

> I’m starting a new thread for this as was previously discussed. Prior
> to starting discussions at the Forum level, please review my suggested
> updates to the CSCWG charter in https://github.com/cabforum/forum/pull/40
>
> This aims to:
>
>   * Bump the Charter version
>   * Add a limited scope for including timestamp certificates
>   * Upgrade the version of the bylaws that we follow

I think we should remove the specific version number of the Bylaws.
Members are bound to follow the latest version at all times.

>  *
>

>   * During a ballot, count only members that are in a voting class,
>     disregarding associate members and interested parties
>   * Align Quorum definition as half the average, as the Bylaws have it
>     set.
>
> Comments, thoughts?

Would people like to consider any of the changes proposed
<https://github.com/cabforum/forum/blob/c6850e24eb49d5cfcb00eae4d11e82544504bffb/SCWG-charter.md>
by Ben Wilson in the SCWG Charter regarding Probationary Members and how
to End Membership? Some of the "End Membership" rules have been copied
from the most recent Chartered Working Group, the S/MIME WG.

Thanks,
Dimitris.