[cabf_validation] Proposed ballot on improving Registration Number language in EVGs

Corey Bonnell Corey.Bonnell at digicert.com
Fri Aug 9 15:55:35 UTC 2024

Hello,

Some time ago, I presented [1] a ballot proposal on improving the
requirements for the Registration Number value in the EVGs. Here is the
current proposal:
https://github.com/cabforum/servercert/compare/main...CBonnell:servercert:go
vt-entity-serial-number.

On the call where the proposal was presented, there was a desire to explore
standardizing date formats for the Date of Formation. Is this something that
we would like to see added to the ballot? For the sake of minimizing scope
of the ballot, I'm in favor of moving forward without such a requirement,
but will certainly be happy to incorporate if there are strong feelings that
such a requirement should be added in this ballot.

Thanks,

Corey

[1] https://lists.cabforum.org/pipermail/validation/2024-July/001997.html