[cabf_validation] [EXTERNAL]Re: Validation methods used for Wildcards/ADNs

Bruce Morton Bruce.Morton at entrust.com
Fri Jan 15 20:14:12 UTC 2021

We are in favor of the proposed change, but our issue will be the effectivity date and the reuse of domains which are currently verified.

We have implemented a system which only uses domain validation methods which can be used for Wildcards and ADNs. However, we will still have demand to use Method 18. This will mean that we will need to change our domain verification management system to have 2 types of verified domains: 1) CAN be used for Wildcard/ADNs and 2) CANNOT be used for Wildcard/ADNs. This could be a complex change in our current system. In addition we will want time for customers and integration partners which use Method 18 will need to re-tool, especially if they have verified domains which they think can be reused for up to 825-days. Even if the customer decides that they will no longer use Method 18, they may still need time to change how they will get their domains verified.

Thanks, Bruce.