[cabf_validation] Government Entities and section 11.1.3

Daniela Hood dxhood at godaddy.com
Thu Sep 24 11:07:44 MST 2020

Hello All,

The team brought up something about the implementation of ballot SC30, that I wanted to get some clarifications.
I have asked a similar question before and Ryan was kind enough to answer, but the way it is written still causing multiple interpretations.

"Effective as of 1 October 2020, prior to the use of an Incorporating Agency or Registration Agency to fulfill these verification requirements, the CA MUST publicly disclose Agency Information about the Incorporating Agency or Registration Agency."

1-Some members of the team read that this does not affect sub section 6 Professional Opinion Letters.

2-Others read that, it does affect because on the letter it discloses the jurisdiction.

When I asked this previously, Ryan clarified that for Business Entities second option would be true, however the same is not applicable for Government Entities.

My goal it is to make sure we are all on the same page here and that the section 11.1.3 of the EV Guidelines does not pertain to Government Entities.
If that is the case, I would also suggest the addition of clarification language, so people that are in the industry but do not participate in this forum, are also aware of the intent of this section.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Daniela Hood