[cabf_validation] Subject DN attributes in ICA certificates

Doug Beattie doug.beattie at globalsign.com
Wed Jun 10 07:07:59 MST 2020

Then it seems impossible to proceed with an updated profile ballot without clarification ballots.

As a first step, I’d like to propose a ballot where we specify optional and required fields in Subordinate CA certificates and their associated validation rules.  Specifically, updates to section 7.1.4.3.1:

a) CN: No change

b) O: no change except to add that this field is validated in accordance with 7.1.4.2.2 b.

c) C: No change

Add:

*	organizationalUnitName – optional, if present validated same as 7.1.4.2.2 i.
*	stateOrProvinceName - optional, if present validated same as 7.1.4.2.2 f.
*	localityName - optional, if present validated same as 7.1.4.2.2 e.
*	streetAddress – optional, if present validated same as 7.1.4.2.2 d.
*	postalCode – optional, if present validated same as 7.1.4.2.2 g.
*	Possibly others as determined during discussion phase, like organizationalIdentifier
*	All others: Prohibited

This permits a mix/match of the added optional fields up to the CAs policies and procedures, and if present, then they must be validated in accordance with the same rules as subscriber certificates.

Is this going to fly?