[cabf_validation] [cabfquest] BR 7.1.4.2.2.j Other Subject Attributes

Doug Beattie doug.beattie at globalsign.com
Wed Feb 20 06:34:14 MST 2019

I don't think we archive emails to the Questions list, so I wanted to get this on the record within the archives because it's an important topic.

Based on this response, it confirms that CAs can include any Subject Attribute they need as long it's verified by the CA (presumably via documented rules in their CPS) while EV currently prohibits any Subject Attribute not specifically listed in sections 9.2.1 through 9.2.7, except perhaps OU.

Doug