[cabf_validation] IP address dates

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Wed Sep 5 06:59:37 MST 2018

Yes.

From: Wayne Thayer <wthayer at mozilla.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 8:02 PM
To: Tim Hollebeek <tim.hollebeek at digicert.com>; CA/Browser Forum Validation WG List <validation at cabforum.org>
Subject: Re: [cabf_validation] IP address dates

Tim - did you mean "2020" where you wrote "2019"?

- Wayne

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 4:44 PM Tim Hollebeek via Validation <validation at cabforum.org <mailto:validation at cabforum.org> > wrote:

I finally had an opportunity to listen to the Validation WG call from 8/30.

I agree with Ryan that splitting the dates would be a good thing.  I didn’t do that just to keep the ballot simple, but am very open to it.

The date moved from April to June (day that doesn’t exist, sorry) solely because I received comments from one CA suggesting an effective date in 2019.  That seemed way too far way from me.  But given some of the problems we have had recently with getting ballots passed, I tried to pick a date that was a compromise between not too far in the future, and a date CAs could support given that they often have other things they need to be doing.  I’m not horribly picky about what the date is (as long as it’s not 2019!!!), and am encouraged that it sounds like we might be able to agree on an earlier date.

-Tim