[cabf_validation] domain registrar as an applicant

Adriano Santoni adriano.santoni at staff.aruba.it
Mon Oct 22 02:24:57 MST 2018

All,

I'd like to get some opinions on the following doubt.

Can it be inferred, from the BRs, that the entity which is is officialy
designated (e.g. by governmental acts) as the /unique/ registrar of a
certain domain also /controls/ that domain and is therefore "entitled"
(subject to the remaining checks required by the BRs) to receive SSL
server certificates for such domain and all subdomains thereof? I mean,
can we draw this conclusion based on "just" the official documental
evidences (e.g. by governmental acts) ? Section 3.2.2.4 of the BRs seems
not to allow that - or not too clearly, at any rate.

(Please note that I am not referring to the particular circumstance
addressed by 3.2.2.4.12 of the BRs)

Adriano