[cabf_validation] Proposed Update to EV to include OrganisationIdentifier as per ETSI standard

Pope, Nick Nick.Pope at thalesesecurity.com
Mon Jun 11 04:23:08 MST 2018

All,

As discussed at last week’s CAB Forum plenary I would like to propose that  the following text be added to EV Guidelines section 9.2.x:

Certificate field: organizationIdentifier (OID 2.5.4.97)
Required/Optional: Optional
Contents: This contains subject additional registration information as required for specific regulatory purposes other than the registration as described in 9.2.6.  This field shall be encoded as specified in ETSI TS 119 412-1 v1.2.1 clause 5.1.4.  This shall not contain registration number from a national trade register as identified by “NTR” in ETSI TS 119 412-1 v1.2.1 clause 5.1.4.

Before this is submitted to the main list I would welcome any suggestions regarding changes to this proposal to best fit in with the CAB Forum approach to validation.

Regards

Nick Pope

________________________________
 [cid:image001.png at 01D4017E.F1F99600] <http://www.thalesesecurity.com>
Nick Pope
Principal Consultant, Advanced Solutions Group
Tel: +44 1844 203585
Mob: +44 7880 787940

[cid:image002.png at 01D4017E.F1F99600]<https://www.twitter.com/thalesesecurity>@thalesesecurity

Thales eSecurity