[cabf_validation] Update 3.2.2.4 for Applicants that are Individual Natural Persons

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Mon Jun 4 03:46:20 MST 2018

Right, and this is actually what I find completely insane.  When I’m reading a standards document, and find a Defined Term, I need to be able to look at the definition of the Defined Term, and must be able to expect that the Defined Term means what the Definition says it means.  Every other standard I have ever worked on works like that.

If the Defined Term means different things in different parts of the document, at an absolute minimum, that needs to be mentioned and called out in the Definition.  A better solution is to not redefined Defined Terms.  Defined Terms need to have one and only one Definition, which is used consistently.

-Tim

Yes, Wayne was explaining, the way it is structured, Applicant has a consistent definition throughout the BRs, as in the definitions. For 3.2.2.4, and 3.2.2.4 alone, additional parties are also allowed to be considered the Applicant - the Parent Company, Subsidiary Company, or Affiliate. That is only for 3.2.2.4.