[cabf_validation] Agenda for this week

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Tue Jan 2 14:05:37 MST 2018

That's an excellent point.

-Tim

From: Doug Beattie [mailto:doug.beattie at globalsign.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 2:02 PM
To: Tim Hollebeek <tim.hollebeek at digicert.com>; CA/Browser Forum Validation
WG List <validation at cabforum.org>
Subject: RE: Agenda for this week

If the web site operator can install a new certificate (or a test cert like
method 9) that shows administrative control over the domain.  If the domain
changed hands and the entity running the web site can still install a
certificate (or put a file in the /well-known directory for that matter),
then the "renewal" would happen even if domain "ownership" had changed.  I'm
not sure I see the difference.

Doug