[cabf_validation] [EXTERNAL]Re: Ballot Proposal: Validation Method in certificatePolicies

Wayne Thayer wthayer at mozilla.com
Tue Aug 14 10:06:58 MST 2018

Doug - thanks for the comments! Let's discuss this on Thursday's call.

I don't like the BIT STRING idea because it will be difficult to interpret
when viewing the cert.

I'm open to changing the language to account for the current structure of
3.2.2.5, or perhaps it's just time to get the IP 'any other method' ballot
cranked out.

I chose to start the IP numbering at 501 because the section number is
3.2.2.5. I'm happy to change that if it's not a helpful cue. We could also
get creative and make it 322501.

I do intend to move the effective date to July 1, 2019 as we discussed on
the last call.