[cabf_validation] Error in EVG 11.6.2

Rich Smith richard.smith at comodo.com
Fri Oct 13 08:49:16 MST 2017

The text, as currently written requires either a bank letter or professional
letter in ALL cases.  I know this was not the intent, and was not how this
used to be written, so we apparently loused it up in an edit at some point.
Current text:

11.6.2. Acceptable Methods of Verification

To verify the Applicant's ability to engage in business, the CA MUST verify
the operational existence of the Applicant, or its
Affiliate/Parent/Subsidiary Company, by:

(1) Verifying that the Applicant, Affiliate, Parent Company, or Subsidiary
Company has been in existence for at least three years, as indicated by the
records of an Incorporating Agency or Registration Agency;

(2) Verifying that the Applicant, Affiliate, Parent Company, or Subsidiary
Company is listed in either a current QIIS or QTIS;

(3) Verifying that the Applicant, Affiliate, Parent Company, or Subsidiary
Company has an active current Demand Deposit Account with a Regulated
Financial Institution by receiving authenticated documentation of the
Applicant's, Affiliate's, Parent Company's, or Subsidiary Company's Demand
Deposit Account directly from a Regulated Financial Institution; or

(4) Relying on a Verified Professional Letter to the effect that the
Applicant has an active current Demand Deposit Account with a Regulated
Financial Institution.

You'll notice that, as currently worded, 1 AND 2 PLUS 3 OR 4 is required.
We can fix either by adding 'or' to the ends of 1 and 2, OR removing 'or' at
the end of 3 AND changing the opening sentence to:

"To verify the Applicant's ability to engage in business, the CA MUST verify
the operational existence of the Applicant, or its
Affiliate/Parent/Subsidiary Company, by one of the following:"

I'd like to get a correction ballot out as quickly as possible.  Any
preference as to method?  Can I get two endorsers for whichever method we
decide on?

Thanks,

Rich Smith

Comodo CA