[cabf_validation] [EXT] Re: 5280 limitations

Rick Andrews Rick_Andrews at symantec.com
Tue Mar 21 07:33:45 MST 2017

Jeremy,

We have a number of customers (some are large enterprises) who have obtained
certs from us with underscores. We've gotten some input from them, and the
general feeling is that they could rename their systems to eliminate the
underscores, but it's non-trivial and might take a year or more. My personal
opinion is that it's not worth fighting for. We think we might just alert
our customers that say, within 18 months, we're going to block any
enrollments with underscores and they will need to work around it.

Regarding CN limits: aside from the recent posting to the questions list,
I'm not aware of any customers that have had a problem with the current
limit, so again, I don't think it's something I would fight for.

-Rick