[cabf_validation] CAA Tags, concrete proposal

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Mon Dec 18 12:10:00 MST 2017

I personally find OIDs very hard for non-technical users to grasp.  And even for technical users who haven’t seen them before.  I agree numbers are bad, but why don’t you like readable text labels, like Validation=Phone?

I think account and account-uri are complimentary approaches.  I agree that CAs need the freedom to put whatever they want on the right hand side of these, and many CAs have existing customer identification schemes that are not URIs, so the account-uri field cannot be used.

-Tim