[cabf_validation] Given Name and Surname

Kurt Roeckx kurt at roeckx.be
Wed May 25 09:35:48 MST 2016

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 10:59:39AM +0000, Jeremy Rowley wrote:
> Does everyone have a givenName?  I figured at least one of the two fields must be present, right?

I would say there is no such guarantee that a person has givenName.

Some people actually don't have a name, others have multiple
names.  Things can get really complicated.  Just assume that
anything you know about names, someone can come up with an example
that it's not the case.

It would be much better if there was just a simple "name" field.

That being said, given that we have an existing givenName and surname
field, it's unlikely that we'll add an other fields for that, and
having either of those should be enough.

But it would still be nice to have a "name" field where it's
written in the proper order.  And I guess that's commonName.

Kurt