[cabf_validation] Given Name and Surname v2

Kurt Roeckx kurt at roeckx.be
Thu Jun 2 12:25:57 MST 2016

On Thu, Jun 02, 2016 at 03:32:56PM +0000, Jeremy Rowley wrote:
> Updated based on discussion:

You have a buch of "are is present".  I'm not a native English
speaker, but I think they should all be "is present".  And "are is
absent" should probably be "are absent".

> Insert a new (C) under 7.1.4.2.2, renumbering all subsequent bullets.
>

> c. Certificate Field: subject:givenName (2.5.4.42) and subject:surname (2.5.
> 4.4)
>
> Optional.
>
> Contents:  If present, the subject:givenName field and subject:surname field
> MUST contain an natural person Subject's name as verified under Section
> 3.2.3.

It's not clear here if it's allowed to use only a givenName or not,
and in 7.1.6.1 it still says you need both.  Did you intend to
change that?

Kurt