[cabf_validation] Domain Validation update for discussion

kirk_hall at trendmicro.com kirk_hall at trendmicro.com
Sun Jun 21 08:06:34 MST 2015

Doug - I can only speak to one part of this.  We did not want a CA to be able to use the same [marker] placed on the customer's website for 10-20 years, at the time of each re-vetting of the domain (13 months for EV, 39 months for OV for the domain).  Instead, the 30 day language is intended to say that at each revetting the CA must give the customer a new [marker] to place in the appropriate place and then confirmed by the CA.  We said 30 days because the customer might delay in using the marker, might screw up, etc.  However, once the domain has been authenticated (DV, OV, or EV) by this practical demonstration method, the vetting is good for 13/39 months, same as always.