[cabf_validation] Domain Authorization Documents under subsection 2 and 4 of the proposed domain validation re-write

kirk_hall at trendmicro.com kirk_hall at trendmicro.com
Thu Jul 16 16:17:49 MST 2015

I still don't understand the purpose / meaning of the last sentence:

Evidence of such confirmation through a Reliable Method of Communication may consist of a Domain Authorization Document previously obtained from either the Domain Name Registrant (including any private, anonymous, or proxy registration service) or the Domain Name Registrar listed in the WHOIS, provided that the Registered Domain Name in the WHOIS record has not changed.

If we follow EVGL 11.14.1(6), as we should (but lengthen the reuse of vetting data to 39 months for DV and OV, not 13 months), then the sentence above adds nothing (or implies we must re-check the WhoIs for each DV or OV certificate request to look for WhoIs changes, even though we are still allowed to re-use the prior domain validation information).

Or are you proposing that we can re-use a Doman Authorization Document for MORE THAN 39 months, so long as we re-check the WhoIs after 39 months and see that there were no changes?