[cabf_validation] Updated draft on domain validation methods

kirk_hall at trendmicro.com kirk_hall at trendmicro.com
Wed Aug 12 09:17:13 MST 2015

Doug Beattie and I took on responsibility for creating an updated draft on revisions to domain validation methods.  Because this conversation has gone on so many months, I think the working group has lost track so where some proposed changes came from, what they are supposed to mean, etc.  Some changes have meant that particular Definitions are no longer used, etc.  We really want to track all this and make sure all proposed changes are explained clearly and consistent.  We are also trying to research things like appropriate (secure) ports to be used in practical demonstration methods, and are waiting for recommendations on that.  Once we have a new draft (with comments and recommendations), we want the VWG to have enough time to evaluate before we discuss on a call.

What this means is, we won't have a new draft ready for tomorrow's call, but should have a new draft ready for the call on August 27.

Kirk

TREND MICRO EMAIL NOTICE