[Smcwg-public] Results of SMC03: Corrections and clarifications for “S/MIME Baseline Requirements”
Stephen.Davidson at digicert.com
Wed Jul 12 19:06:38 UTC 2023
Results of SMC03: Corrections and clarifications for “S/MIME Baseline Requirements”
The voting period for Ballot SMC03 (Corrections and clarifications for “S/MIME Baseline Requirements”) has completed, and the ballot has passed.
21 votes total, with no abstentions:
* 21 Issuers voting YES: Actalis S.p.A., Asseco Data Systems SA (Certum), Buypass AS, Chunghwa Telecom, DigiCert, D-TRUST, eMudhra, Entrust, GDCA, GlobalSign, HARICA, IdenTrust, MSC Trustgate Sdn Bhd, OISTE Foundation, SECOM Trust Systems, Sectigo, SSL.com, SwissSign, TWCA, VikingCloud, Visa
* 0 Issuers voting NO
* 0 Issuers ABSTAIN
2 votes total, with no abstentions:
* 2 Consumers voting YES: Mozilla, rundQuadrat
* 0 Consumers voting NO
* 0 Consumers ABSTAIN
1. Bylaw 2.3(f) requires:
0. A "yes" vote by two-thirds of Certificate Issuer votes and by 50%-plus-one of Certificate Consumer votes. Votes to abstain are not counted for this purpose. This requirement was MET for Certificate Issuers and MET for Certificate Consumers.
1. At least one Certificate Issuer and one Certificate Consumer Member must vote in favor of a ballot for the ballot to be adopted. This requirement was MET.
2. Bylaw 2.3(g) requires that a ballot result only be considered valid when “more than half of the number of currently active Members has participated”. The number of currently active Voting Members is the average number of Voting Member organizations that have participated in the previous three meetings. Votes to abstain are counted in determining quorum. The quorum was 7 for this ballot. This requirement was MET.
This ballot now enters the 30-day IP Rights Review Period to permit members to review the ballot for relevant IP rights issues. The IP Rights Review Period ends at 1700 UTC on August 11, 2023.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Smcwg-public