[Smcwg-public] [Servercert-wg] [EXTERNAL] Re: orgID - Government entities

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Fri Apr 14 16:43:58 UTC 2023

Yes, the language here was added rather quickly and was written with the United States in mind, as the original draft language did not consider countries that register organizations primarily at the subdivision level.  That’s how the incorrect assumption that ISO 3166-2 subdivisions are always two letters snuck in.

-Tim