[Smcwg-public] [EXTERNAL]-Re: Ballot SMC01: Final Guideline for “S/MIME Baseline Requirements”

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Thu Sep 29 10:27:49 UTC 2022

On 29/9/2022 12:59 μ.μ., Pedro FUENTES wrote:
> Txs. Then it could be understood that the country of the employee
> could be considered as a country where the company operates… I’m OK
> with that, and I support this interpretation, but this is not what was
> discussed yesterday, so we should see about the consensus on this topic.

Why is this confusing? The CA must validate that the company operates
(i.e. has registered offices) at a certain location. Then, this country
can be used in a sponsored validated profile. If an employee is working
remotely in a country where the company does not have registered
offices, then that country cannot be used in a sponsored validated profile.

Thanks,
Dimitris.