[Smcwg-public] OCSP URLs in S/MIME Certificates

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Fri Sep 23 18:13:39 UTC 2022

We would support this if a Microsoft representative publicly makes a statement clarifying that their OCSP requirements in Microsoft policy are not intended to apply to non-TLS certificates and/or updates their policy to state the same.

I would encourage them to do so because I personally believe that is in fact the original intent of the policy, but the problem is that our compliance team (and other compliance teams…) cannot rely upon my personal beliefs.

-Tim