[Smcwg-public] Ballot SMC01: Final Guideline for “S/MIME Baseline Requirements”

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Tue Sep 13 16:02:01 UTC 2022

On 13/9/2022 6:54 μ.μ., Stephen Davidson via Smcwg-public wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> A reminder that the ballot period for SMC01 begins on Thursday, 15
> September.
>
> Vote for approval (7 days)
> Start Time: 15 September 2022 17:00 UTC
> End Time: 22 September 2022 17:00 UTC
>
> Best regards, Stephen

Hi Stephen,

I'm not sure what you mean by that. We are in the official discussion
period of the ballot and this is the time for updates to be submitted
and updates to take place, before the voting period begins. According to
the Bylaws, this discussion period can be extended until 21 days from
the last submitted proposed guideline.

The voting period only begins when you send an email to the list, after
at least 7 days official discussion from the last proposed document, and
clearly state that "voting begins" for this ballot. In other words,
voting *doesn't start automatically* because it's stated in the footer
of the ballot.

Dimitris.