[Smcwg-public] Results of SMC01v3: Final Guideline for “S/MIME Baseline Requirements”
Stephen.Davidson at digicert.com
Tue Nov 1 23:32:46 UTC 2022
Results of SMC01v3: Final Guideline for “S/MIME Baseline Requirements”
The voting period for ballot SMC01v3 (Final Guideline for “S/MIME Baseline Requirements”) has completed, and the ballot has passed.
22 votes total, with no abstentions:
* 19 Issuers voting YES: Asseco Data Systems SA (Certum), Buypass AS, DigiCert, D-TRUST, eMudhra, Entrust, GDCA, GlobalTrust, HARICA, IdenTrust, MSC Trustgate Sdn Bhd, SECOM Trust Systems, Sectigo, SecureTrust, SSL.com, SwissSign, Telia Company, TrustCor Systems, Visa,
* 3 Issuers voting NO: AC Camerfirma SA, AC Firmaprofessional SA, OISTE Foundation/WiseKey
* 0 Issuers ABSTAIN
A YES vote from Actalis was sent outside the voting period so is not counted here.
4 votes total, with no abstentions:
* 4 Consumers voting YES: Apple, Mozilla, rundQuadrat, Zertificon
* 0 Consumers voting NO
* 0 Consumers ABSTAIN
1. Bylaw 2.3(f) requires:
0. A "yes" vote by two-thirds of Certificate Issuer votes and by 50%-plus-one of Certificate Consumer votes. Votes to abstain are not counted for this purpose. This requirement was MET for Certificate Issuers and MET for Certificate Consumers.
1. At least one Certificate Issuer and one Certificate Consumer Member must vote in favor of a ballot for the ballot to be adopted. This requirement was MET.
2. Bylaw 2.3(g) requires that a ballot result only be considered valid when “more than half of the number of currently active Members has participated”. The number of currently active Voting Members is the average number of Voting Member organizations that have participated in the previous three meetings. Votes to abstain are counted in determining quorum. Half of the currently active Voting Members at the start of voting was 9, so the quorum was 10 for this ballot. This requirement was MET.
This ballot now enters the 60-day IP Rights Review Period to permit members to review the ballot for relevant IP rights issues. The IP Rights Review Period ends at 2359 UTC on January 1, 2023.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Smcwg-public