[Smcwg-public] [EXTERNAL]-Re: Common Name contents

Lahtiharju, Pekka pekka.lahtiharju at teliacompany.com
Thu Mar 10 13:13:16 UTC 2022

Hi,

Would email address validation be enough to validate the same values also to Subject. E.g. if user is able to validate email address helpdesk at company.com<mailto:helpdesk at company.com>, is it allowed for CA then to put value “helpdesk” to CN? This would solve our requirements for weakly validated Subjects and we could automate easily everything.

Br Pekka