[Smcwg-public] Redline of recent changes to SBR

Bruce Morton Bruce.Morton at entrust.com
Mon Aug 22 13:44:17 UTC 2022

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the redline. The updates have improved the SBRs.

I do have a question a about changing "Delegated Third Party" to "Delegated Party". The term "Delegated Third Party" is a CA/Browser Forum term which is used in the SSLBR, EVG, CSBR and NetSec documents. I would also assume the term has been reused in CPs, CPSs and Subscriber Agreements provided by the CAs. So why are we changing this term (using the same definition) for the SBRs? I would recommend we use common terms in our requirements which would provide consistency for CAs and Subscribers which issue/use different certificate types.

Thanks, Bruce.