[Smcwg-public] Updates to 3.2.4.1/4 relying on signature for personal vetting

Stephen Davidson Stephen.Davidson at digicert.com
Thu Aug 4 22:06:47 UTC 2022

Hello:

Certificate Issuer members of the SMCWG had noted a desire to expand the list of regimes of digital certificates that may be relied upon in personal validation.  It was also suggested by a Certificate Consumer that criteria for evaluating these regimes be described.

Based on our discussions, I have proposed some text in the draft as follows:

https://github.com/cabforum/smime/commit/33ce560204eaed4162cb70c919bf9f86ffac90cc

Thanks to Ashish Dhiman and to Eva Van Steenberge for the help!

Regards, Stephen