[Smcwg-public] Stable Draft of S/MIME Certificate Profiles

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Wed Oct 27 11:37:54 UTC 2021

Hi Matthias,

I agree that forbidding "pseudonym" is a conflict with eIDAS and I
believe the WG might consider lifting this restriction provided we were
able to document good validation practices to support it.

On a separate matter, S/MIME Certificates do not need to be
"eIDAS-compatible" but I can relate to TSPs that want to combine
multiple trust schemes.

Dimitris.