[Smcwg-public] EKUs found in S/MIME ICAs

Ben Wilson bwilson at mozilla.com
Thu Nov 4 14:41:08 UTC 2021

I just posted a CCADB report here:
https://groups.google.com/a/mozilla.org/g/dev-security-policy/c/6IegfqONu7c/m/ofXETowrAgAJ

I counted 445 CA certificates with the emailProtection EKU.

S/MIME
emailProtection, clientAuth 319
emailProtection 18
clientAuth,emailProtection,AuthenticDocumentsTrust 3
clientAuth,emailProtection,BitLocker,MS-docSigning,EFSRecovery,EFS,Smartcardlogon
1
clientAuth,emailProtection,caExchange,keyRecoveryAgent 9
clientAuth,emailProtection,digitalPersona 1
clientAuth,emailProtection,EFS 4
clientAuth,emailProtection,EFS,MS-docSigning 1
clientAuth,emailProtection,EFS,MS-docSigning,Smartcardlogon,PIV-cardAuth,pivi-content-signing
1
clientAuth,emailProtection,EFS,Smartcardlogon 2
clientAuth,emailProtection,EFS,Smartcardlogon,MS-docSigning,AuthenticDocumentsTrust
5
clientAuth,emailProtection,EFSRecovery,EFS,Smartcardlogon 2
clientAuth,emailProtection,IPSECUser,EFS,EFSRecovery,MSkeyRecovery,enrollmentAgent,Smartcardlogon,PASSIM
1
clientAuth,emailProtection,IPSECUser,Smartcardlogon,EFS,keyRecoveryAgent,MS-docSigning,ipsecIKE
1
clientAuth,emailProtection,MS-docSigning 41
clientAuth,emailProtection,MS-docSigning,AuthenticDocumentsTrust,Smartcardlogon
1
clientAuth,emailProtection,MS-docSigning,EFS 3
clientAuth,emailProtection,MS-docSigning,EFS,Smartcardlogon 1
clientAuth,emailProtection,MS-docSigning,Entrust-docSigning 1
clientAuth,emailProtection,Smartcardlogon 4
clientAuth,emailProtection,Smartcardlogon,EFS,EFSRecovery,BitLocker 1
emailProtection,BitLocker,EFSRecovery,EFS 1
emailProtection,caExchange 1
emailProtection,caExchange,keyRecoveryAgent 10
emailProtection,clientAuth,EntrustEvent,EntrustUnknown,Smartcardlogon 1
emailProtection,clientAuth,IPSECUser,EFS,EFSRecovery,MSkeyRecovery,enrollmentAgent,Smartcardlogon,PASSIM
1
emailProtection,clientAuth,Smartcardlogon,EFS,EFSRecovery,BitLocker 1
emailProtection,clientAuth,Smartcardlogon,MS-docSigning 1
emailProtection,MS-docSigning 3
emailProtection,MS-docSigning,AuthenticDocumentsTrust 6
S/MIME Total 445