[Smcwg-public] IETF LAMPS discussion re SMIME sample certs

Corey Bonnell Corey.Bonnell at digicert.com
Wed Jun 23 13:58:29 UTC 2021

As a follow-up to this discussion, I have opened a PR to add EdDSA in the SBRs: https://github.com/cabforum/smime/pull/5

In addition to the proposed text additions in the BR document itself, I have also included the Python source I used to generate the hex-string DER encodings of the ASN.1 AlgorithmIdentifiers in case anyone wants to double-check my work. My thinking is that we can include any source files used in calculating values that are included in the document in the Git repository to make it easier to verify. If we decide these source files serve no use at later point (perhaps when v1.0 is released), they can be moved elsewhere or deleted.

Thanks,

Corey