[Smcwg-public] Cardinality of subject fields

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Tue Jul 27 17:51:41 UTC 2021

On 27/7/2021 8:43 μ.μ., Corey Bonnell wrote:

> Hi Dimitris,
>
> I think we agree that multiple instances of OU can appear if OU is
> allowed, at least in the near term (Legacy).
>
> I’m not quite sure what you mean by “lack of support” for multiple
> instances of streetAddress and orgId; to the best of my knowledge,
> multiple instances of these attribute types pose no issue with
> processing in client software today. Can you clarify?

organizationIdentifier has been used in open banking and PSD2. I don't
think the relying party software they built expects multiple instances
of organizationIdentifier and it might cause problems.

Totally unsure about streetAddress but I believe we discussed about that
in our latest call and we don't know of any application that uses
streetAddress for S/MIME anyway.

Dimitris.