[Smcwg-public] Methods for email verification

Pedro FUENTES pfuentes at WISEKEY.COM
Thu Feb 25 15:45:08 UTC 2021

Hello,
I’d have a question about this.

How the “re-verification at each cert issuance” fits with a MPKI service for a preauthorised domain?

Txs/P

> On 24 Feb 2021, at 00:26, Stephen Davidson via Smcwg-public <smcwg-public at cabforum.org> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> Yes I wrote that section intending a mailbox re-verification at each cert issuance.
>
> But I appreciate the arguments in favor of having a re-use period for that first verification, particularly in cases where certs may be periodically reissued, or when multiple certs are to be issued at the same time (as in the case of split signing and encryption certs).
>
> I will adapt that proposed text.
>
> As you may have noticed in Doug’s email, we have now made the draft SMIME BR public athttps://github.com/srdavidson/smime/tree/PreSBR <https://github.com/srdavidson/smime/tree/PreSBR> in a “PreSBR” branch, which you can view or Watch.  It’s in active development now and this will be the working version of the SBR; it will be pulled into the cabf-smime repository later when the dust settles.
>
> Best regards, Stephen

WISeKey SA
Pedro Fuentes
CSO - Trust Services Manager
Office: + 41 (0) 22 594 30 00
Mobile: + 41 (0) 791 274 790
Address: 29, Rte de Pré-Bois - CP 853 | Geneva 1215 CH - Switzerland
Stay connected with WISeKey <http://www.wisekey.com/>

THIS IS A TRUSTED MAIL: This message is digitally signed with a WISeKey identity. If you get a mail from WISeKey please check the signature to avoid security risks

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email and any files transmitted with it can be confidential and it’s intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender

DISCLAIMER: WISeKey does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of this message and does not accept any liability for any errors or omissions herein as this message has been transmitted over a public network. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information may be intercepted, corrupted, or contain viruses. Attachments to this e-mail are checked for viruses; however, we do not accept any liability for any damage sustained by viruses and therefore you are kindly requested to check for viruses upon receipt.