[Smcwg-public] Methods for email verification

Stephen Davidson Stephen.Davidson at digicert.com
Wed Feb 17 23:02:01 UTC 2021

Hello all:

Following our discussion on the call today, I attach draft text for section
3.2.2.2 of the SMIME BR (SBR) that deals with 1) Validating authority over
email address via domain and 2) Validating control over email address via
email.

It aims to fulfill the requirements of the Mozilla policy.  It includes
comments with some questions that require further discussion.  Additional
methods can be addressed in future versions of the SBR.

Many thanks for Doug and Sebastian at GlobalSign for their help in drafting
this.  We'll discuss this in a future meeting, but feel free to also provide
feedback here.

Many thanks, Stephen