[Smcwg-public] Identity and Authentication Assurance Level acc. NIST SP 800-63-3

Stephen Davidson Stephen.Davidson at digicert.com
Tue Aug 10 15:36:56 UTC 2021

Thanks Rufus

For version 1, our goal is to set baseline requirements for S/MIME.

We've already discussed "leaving flex" in the profiles to express adherence to other schemes such as Qualified using qcStatement extensions.  If there is a defined standard for expressing NIST SP 800-63-3 (or other similar reqs) in certs today, that may also be of interest.  If there is no current established practice, this is probably best left for a later version of the S/MIME BR.

Best regards, Stephen