[Smcwg-public] Sponsored profile overlap

Stefan Selbitschka selbitschka at rundquadrat.at
Wed Aug 4 17:35:51 UTC 2021

Hi,

I want to continue our today's discussion about the sponsored validation
overlap.

>From my understanding (till today) we had 4 profiles for different use
cases and different validated content in the certificate:
- Mailbox -> email must be validated
- Organization -> email and organization must be validated
- Individual -> email and givenname + surname must be validated
- Sponsored -> organization must be validated, email and/or givenname +
surname validation may be delegated to sponsor

This leads me to this picture
(https://next.rundquadrat.at/s/Rx8PXs3bBdyq9Ae) and it was quite clear
for me.

Now Stephen pointed out that we could have an organization within a
certificate of individual profile I get confused.

If we now mixing an organization to the individual profile I got puzzled:
- which countryName will be applied, the country of residence of the
individual or the country of juristiction of the organization?
- are the businessCategory and juridsiction* fields included in an
individual certificate including an organization?

Maybe someone can find a better summary of the different profiles for me
to solve my confusion?

thanks

regards

stefan